Product recall, withdrawal and contamination is a continual and growing concern for food manufacturers. Some statistics are available from the Food Standards of Australia and New Zealand. Emjay Insurance Brokers can assist you in reviewing or creating crisis management plans. The team will also help you understand the extent of your product liability.
Between 1 January 2004 and 31 December 2013, the Australian and New Zealand governments were notified of 580 food recalls with 188 of these due to microbial contamination. In the event of food poisoning, your company could potentially have to contribute a large pay out.
With potential liability losses running into millions of dollars, not to mention the reputation risk to businesses, having a tailored, complete insurance and risk solution in the food manufacturing industry is a must. Insurance for food businesses is essential for all stores in the industry.
At Emjay Insurance Brokers, we are able to do just that. We have great experience working with clients in the food manufacturing sector, with our services including:
- Product recall risk review including contamination, tampering, loss of profits, and third party costs/loss of profits and arrangement of insurance solutions
- Assess and review any contractual liability exposures together with our partnering legal advisers
- Recall -withdrawal due to packaging failure
- Review of your occupational health and safety procedures and processes
- Workers compensation consultation
- We manage and partner with you to keep your claims costs at a minimum
Don’t take any chances. Contact Emjay Insurance Brokers to discuss your business’s unique risks and exposures today on 02 9796 0400.