Civil Construction Insurance
The construction and civil engineering industry is fraught with major exposures and perils that require a thorough insurance and risk management program – and a knowledgeable broker – to adequately deal with.
Emjay Insurance Brokers’ construction specialists have experience in assisting principals and contractors across the industry spectrum. From large scale civil engineering projects, major plant upgrades, road and rail infrastructure and above and below-ground mining facilities, to residential and commercial construction projects, including schools, hospitals, housing estates and many more, we have the expertise you need.
In addition to the usual commercial insurances, Emjay’s construction team can assist with the following insurances:
- Contract works
- Contract works liability
- Delay in start-up insurance
- Project cargo insurance
- Plant and machinery
- Professional indemnity
- Commercial motor
- Environmental liability
As part of our complete advisory service, Emjay can also provide the following services to our existing clients:
Emjay Insurance Brokers also arranges contract works insurance for contractors, and we recommend to our clients that contractors arrange their own contract works insurance, rather than relying on Principal-arranged insurance.
The benefits to contractors include:
- Certainty of policy coverage and policy response. In cases where another party is responsible for arranging the insurance terms of cover may change. For example, deductibles may be increased, cover deleted or the policy cancelled without the contractor being consulted.
- Ability to choose the insurer.
- Control over claims funds – where the sub-contractor is simply noted on the Principal’s policy, they may not have control on how the Principal spends the claims funds.
- Reduced possibility of contractual disputes following an insured event.
- Continuity of project – reduces reliance on Principal in the event of an insurance claim. This reduces risk of loss of reputation and/or contractual dispute with Principal customer following an insured event.
- Reduces exposure to high deductible of Principal’s insurance providing greater certainty of policy cover and improved balance sheet protection.
At Emjay Insurance Brokers, we can offer contractors the best advice and insurance products to cover their specific needs, including the option of a deductible ‘Buy Down’ policy, which offers lower exposure to the insurer and therefore attracting a lower premium rate.
Speak to Emjay Insurance Brokers for all your civil construction insurance queries. For more information on how we can assist you, contact us today on 02 9796 0400.