Australian Capital Territory Food Industry – ACT Insurance
In the Australian Capital Territory, product recall, withdrawal and contamination is a continuous and growing concern for food manufacturers. In reality, no company can completely eliminate the possibility of a product safety issue. However, businesses can protect themselves by minimising risks as much as possible. Having a trusted insurance broker to take care of crisis management plans certainly does the job.
What are the Potential Risks?
Global food supply chains are more complicated than ever before. There are cross-border supply chains to consider, decentralised food production, food fraud, outsourcing of packaging, not to mention the considerable logistics of moving and storing goods.
In the event of food poisoning, your company could potentially have to contribute a large pay out. With potential liability losses running into millions of dollars, not to mention the reputation damage, the risk is too high. Having a tailored, complete insurance and risk solution in the food manufacturing industry is a must.
At Emjay Insurance Brokers, we are able to do just that. We have great experience working with Australian Capital Territory clients in the food manufacturing sector. As long-time insurance brokers, we have what it takes to keep your claims costs at a minimum.
- Food Industry Insurance in the Australian Capital Territory
- Product recall risk review including contamination, tampering, loss of profits, and third party costs/loss of profits and arrangement of insurance solutions
- Assess and review any contractual liability exposures together with our partnering legal advisers
- Recall—withdrawal due to packaging failure
- Review of your occupational health and safety procedures and processes
- Workers compensation consultation
Don’t take any chances. Insurance for food businesses is essential for all operators and owners in the Australian Capital Territory. Emjay Insurance Brokers can assist you in reviewing or creating crisis management plans. The team will also help you understand the extent of your product liability. Our goal is to exceed your expectations so you can live assured in the knowledge that your insurance solutions and risk management needs are in the hands of experts.